American Institute of Chemical Engineers, Long Beach
– Promote excellence in chemical engineering education and global practice
– Advance the development and exchange of relevant knowledge
– Uphold and advance the profession’s standards, ethics and diversity
– Enhance the lifelong career development and financial security of chemical engineers through products, services, networking, and advocacy
– Stimulate collaborative efforts among industry, universities, government, and professional societies
– Encourage other engineering and scientific professionals to participate in AIChE activities;
– Advocate public policy that embraces sound technical and economic information and that represents the interest of chemical engineers
– Facilitate public understanding of technical issues
– Achieve excellence in operations of the Institute.
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers, Long Beach student chapter is a professional development organization under the College of Engineering. Our goal is to support chemical engineering students, develop their professional skills, expose them to industry opportunities and foster a sense of camaraderie within the major. However, membership is open to all majors and everyone is encouraged to come to one of our meetings on Wednesdays in EN2-107 from 12:00-1:00pm or stop by our office in EN-2-101B if interested.
AIChE’s Vision is to Provide Value as:
– The Global Leader of the chemical Engineering profession,
– The Lifetime Center for professional & personal growth, and security of chemical engineers,
– The Foremost Catalyst in applying chemical engineering expertise in meeting societal needs.
|Vice President-Internal||Kathy Diazemail@example.com|
|Vice President-External||Gillian Fryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Outreach Chair||Alyssa Zirandaemail@example.com|
|Fundraising Chair||Christopher Lindleyfirstname.lastname@example.org|