Society of Hispanic Professional Enginers
Mission: to providing professional, educational and cultural support in the community and promotes educational development programs that support the advancement of its members.
- Increase the number of Hispanics entering the fields of engineering, mathematics, physical and computer science, and other technical fields. These goals are be implemented by:
- School visitations
- Hispanic community involvement
- Workshops at local institutions
- Establish local student chapters at Community Colleges and High Schools in the Long Beach and surrounding communities.
- Develop programs that promote the advancement of Hispanic engineers and scientists in employment and education. These goals are implemented by:
- Career/employment workshops
- Technical seminars and symposiums
- Develop programs benefiting Hispanics seeking careers in engineering or technical fields. These goals are implemented by:
- Scholarships programs
- Recruitment Programs
- Tutoring programs
- Curriculum assistance
- Provide a forum for and to encourage (1) the exchange of technical information, (2) professional development, and (3) entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Inform the general public of technical contributions and achievements of Hispanics by newsletters and awards programs.